How to use SPDisposeCheck in Visual Studio as External Tool
August 30, 2011
Posted by on
All we know that SharePoint Objects can be really hungry to memory, The SPDisposeCheck is great tool to recognize where we forgot dispose our sharepoint objects. More information about why disposing and best practise are here.
SPDisposeCheck we can download here. After install go : Tools -> External Tools.. -> Click on “Add”. Fill out this properties:
- Title : “SharePoint Dispose Check” (It’s up to you)
- Command: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\SharePoint Dispose Check\SPDisposeCheck.exe” (It’s depend on where you installed SPDisposeCheck)
- Arguments: “$(TargetName)$(TargetExt)”
- Initial directory: “$(TargetDir)”
- Use Output window : “checked”
After simply execute Tools->SharePoint Dispose Check:
Have a nice day guys and enjoy your SharePoint!